Thursday, April 30, 2009

Showers, showers, and not just the weather!


The flowers to my left are for my friend Kendra's shower which is this weekend. She is having gorgeous gerbera daisies as her flowers. These are just cute. Well, cuter in person; the colors are showing kind of weird in the picture.
So the hearts below were for my cousin's wedding shower this past weekend. (The details were lighter pink, so they looked more like dresses than cheesey lingerie. Several of hers started out looking kind of tacky - I scraped off about 3 cookies before I settled on something I liked. I think I'll stick to white embellishments in the future.) Some of the dresses had to be improvised with some strap action when the last of the dough baked up with creases in it. This made the "bride" look like it had skin of an 80 year old! Hard to tell in these pics, but each one has a little pearl necklace.






No comments: