Sunday, December 13, 2009

And so it begins....

Today was the kickoff, and I'm not talking about football! I made rice krispy decorated treats, Chex mix, minty brownies, powdered sugar dusted date balls, peanut clusters and turtle pretzels. I think I might be done for the day. We make this stuff every year, and every year we say we won't make as much stuff; but you feel bad if you leave out someone's favorite item! Next weekend I'll tackle chocolate fudge, cranberry and walnut white fudge, peppermint bark, oatmeal raisin cookies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies and of course, sugar cookies. Orders are starting to roll in; so trying to get my family's stuff done early. I found these minty snowmen I'd like to try but they sound a little time consuming. I also want to make some cinammon ornaments to hang on the tree. It's too bad that humans need so much sleep; there's so much I want to do! I don't even think one of each of all that stuff will all fit on the "Cookies for Santa" plate I have! Happy baking to you!

No comments: